Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Programming Chart Pattern in Excel - Part 1

                                             
In response to Excel's comment on my previous blog, here's the screen capture (graphical requested by Excel) of the rules (programmed in MS Excel using only in-cell formulas) given by Excel on the comment section on my previous post.

This is the ouput from  < 30 minutes of programming.  I am sure it can be further improved.


All the parameters in red color can be changed and calculations will be updated automatically!

Just do the reverse for Sell and plug-in your modules for back-testing and you are set to begin optimizations(since you already have the Buy/Long, Stop-loss and Profit target price)!

Cheers & Happy Trading !
                                   

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the effort and work done.
    But I can not read the posting of the image file even downloaded it. (It is no clear on downloaded file.)
    Could you please send it to my email address, ExcelMechanicalTrader@GMail.Com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Mr. Lim

    Thank you very much.
    I did manage to read the content of your image file posted last night here. (I was using the wrong way to view it at the begining and now is OK.)

    I had received you file attachment in my mailbox and just replied for that.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As explain in my previous blog's comment, I am sorry I miss your comment as it went into the SPAM's tab. In fact, I notised your rules ambiguity, I've improved the system based on your new updates in my next blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Han, what modules do you mean for plugging in? Thank you

    ReplyDelete